What’s Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a type of Internet-based computing where you’re (as a user) subscribed to the online services. Services include the storage of your files and cloud application.
Benefits of Storing Files Online
Have you ever stored your files online? Not yet? There are many benefits when you use cloud technology. In fact, this technology gives you something extra: It improves the way you share your documents, files and projects with your co-workers, colleagues, and information. And, it doesn’t stop here. It gives you an easy way to your data from all devices:
- PCs, laptops or tablets;
- Androids, iPhones/ Blackberry/ Windows Phones;
- and so on.
Now What’s the Issue?
Dupes are the issues when you store your files. How? Do you know that your cloud computing storage is limited? Yes, it is. It offers only limited storage facility (for example, 1 GB, 20 GB). And when you exceed this limit, you’ve to pay additional charges to upgrade your cloud computing plan. That’s bad. Isn’t it? But do you know how dupes (and types of dupes) are eating up your space?
Beware of these Dupe Types:
Want to Delete All these Extras?
Everyone does. Now follow these steps:
- Login in to your cloud account;
- Open the Library (it contains all your files);
- Select all files. Download them to your PC. (Make sure you’ll store all files in a single folder. It makes your job easier).
- Done? Now download this app: Clone Files Checker. (Remember: there’s no built-in tool in your Windows, you’ve to rely on a reliable third party software).
- Install and run it. Trust me, it’s simple.
- Use the list box on the left corner of your screen. Now add that folder which contains all your downloaded files. Found subfolders? Don’t worry about them. CFC includes them as well (unless you want to).
- Would you like to scan for particular duplicate file types? I’d recommend scanning all sorts of dupes to get the best results. You can still, if you want, select the “Custom” option and check-up the file types you wish to include.
- Start the scan. Wait until it finishes. (It might take several minutes depending on the size of your files, number of files).
- Now you’ve a dialog right in front of you with two options: (1) Quick-Fix and (2) Review & Fix.
- Right? Quick-Fix acts and checks all dupes. Review & Fix lists out all files and allows you to review and take an action. Select whichever you want (We recommend Review & Fix).
- If you choose Quick-Fix, you’ll be prompted to select a file version (newer/ older) and then take an action.
- If you choose Review & Fix, you have to select the files from the list box and then specify an action. It deletes selected files and retains unselected ones.
- Here you go! When you’re done with the option you selected, upload the rest of your original files to your cloud storage.