Automatic cleaning of junk files is easy, fast and reliable. You can use the ST Cleaner utility to clean your entire system and supercharge its performance. Equip your PC with this software here:
Manually Cleaning Hidden Junks
- Open File Explorer.
- In the Search Box on upper right corner of the screen, one by one type following file extensions to get different results for various duplicate file types. The following list is incomplete. Here is complete list of all temporary file extensions.
*.tmp, *.bak, *.log, *.cache, *.part, *.crdownload, *.cvr, *.download, *.mxdl, *.thumbdata, *.egt, *.csi, *.etl, *.csd, *.tt2, *.laccdb, *.regtrans-ms, *.ewc2, *.thumbdata5, *.lck, *.blf, *.sav, *.filepart, *.adadownload, *.dtapart, *.sfk, *.h64, *.lock, *.rra, *.tec, *.imgcache, *.steamstart,*.bc, *.mmsyscache, , *.partial, *.temp, *.chkn,*.hex,*.pnf,*.waf, *.tmt,*.reapeaks,*.rec, *.idlk, *.swo, *.dap, *.pft, *.little, *.glh, *.bu, *.pkf, *.installstate, *.fsf, *.dmp, *.db-wal, *.msj, *.db-shm, *.tv5, *.box, *.exd, *.dat, *.rsc_tmp, *.onecache, *.objectcache, *.swn, *.cfa, *.temporaryitems, *.nov, *.id3tag,*.indexarrays,*.bdm,*.dca,*.Isl, *.rld, *.wfm, *.ptn2*.nb2, *.cah, *.aso, *.dia, *.Cos2, *.heu, .tof, *.meb, *.bridgecachet, *.thumbdata3, *.rsx, *.snapdoc, *.hrd, *.prmdc, *.rdn, *.ims*.tmd,, *.phc, *.clp, *.fuse_hidden, *.hax, *.ytf, *.bsd, *.cache-3, *.tic, *.indexpositions, *.cdc, *.thumbdata4, .init, *.peb *.lai, *.bmc, *.utpartv*.bom, *.adm, *.dtf, *.bdi, *.buf, *.pm$, *.inprogress, *.bmb, *.00a*.dinfo, *.pkc*,.wov, *.xp, *.m_p, *.mbc, *.crc, *,.csstore, *.md0, *.wcc, *.bridgecache, *.mex, *.ci, *.qbt
- Choose to view the search results in an ascending order so that original and duplicate , versions can be easily identifiable.
- Select multiple duplicates using Ctrl + Click, and then delete them. In order to avoid accidental loss of important files, just move them all to a single folder and then review at a later time.
With the right tools you can free up tens of GBs of space. Download ST Cleaner from the web, and then install-run it. Start the temporary file scan and delete all files.
- No need to manually look up for each file type
- Instant results
- Removes system cache contents
- Remove files copied by installers to your hard drive
- Removes incompletely downloaded files, web cache, form fill-up data & browser data
- Removes temporary files downloaded during Windows Update process
Clean Temporary Files
Delete all files, sub folders from the following directories:
- C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
Use the Disk Cleaning application in Windows from the Drive Properties dialog > General tab. Initially, it will analyze the total area of your hard disk accumulated by temporary files, and then show results. Check-up the boxes of all items you want to clean, and go ahead.