Windows 10 runs well on all computer systems and users are generally very satisfied with it. That is, until until you decide to put it into Sleep Mode. When you resume your session, you get a huge shock in the shape of the STOP Screen, also known as the Blue Screen of Death with VIDEO_SCHEDULE_INTERNAL_ERROR.
Uninstall Incompatible Video Drivers
Intel Video Card Driver win64_15407.4279 is a known cause behind this error. If you’ve recently installed this driver, remove it and then restart the session.
- Press Windows Key + X; choose Programs and Features.
- Type Intel in the Search Box on the upper-right.
- Right click Intel Video Card Driver win64_15407.4279 and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the Uninstaller; reboot.
Disable Sleep Mode
The problem possibly lies with the Sleep Mode since the error occurs after your computer resumes the session. Simply disable the Sleep Mode from the Power Options page.
- In the Search Box, type Power Options.
- Open them from the Search Results.
- Click the Change plan settings link ahead of the active power plan.
- In the Put the computer to sleep drop down menu, select the Never option for both On Battery and Plugged in types.
- Finally, click on the Save Changes button.
Update Video Card
An Outdated video card driver can cause VIDEO_SCHEDULE_INTERNAL_ERROR. Update it using the Update Driver Software wizard.
- Press Windows Key to open the Start Screen.
- Type Control Panel in the Search Box.
- Click System and Security | Administrative Tools.
- Double click Computer Management.
- Expand the following nodes:
- Computer Management (Local) | System Tools | Device Manager
- Expand Display Adapters.
- Right click on Intel® HD Graphics Family, or any other video card installed. Now choose Update Driver Software.
- Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
Note: If the automatic detection method fails to detect new driver updates, you will have to download it from the manufacturer’s site. Simply visit the graphics card manufacturer’s website and navigate to the Downloads section. Now select the model and finally you will be able to download the appropriate drivers. After downloading them all, choose Browse my computer for driver software option from the Update Driver Software wizard in Device Manager. You’ll be prompted to locate the downloaded driver files. Do so and the computer will take care of the rest.
Repair Disk Drive
A HD failure is very tough to deal with. Detect and repair disk sector errors using the following command-line instruction:
- Type CMD in the Search Box.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from Search Results and then choose Run as administrator.
- Execute this command:
- Chkdsk /r
- Once all the disk errors have been successfully diagnosed, quit the window.
Restore Chipset & Video Configs in BIOS
VIDEO_SCHEDULE_INTERNAL_ERROR and a number of other problems can occur at times due to incorrect changes in the BIOS configurations. Revert to the default settings to undo any damage.
- Reboot your computer.
- Press F2 or Delete key repeatedly until BIOS configuration screen is displayed.
- The key to reset BIOS settings usually differs. Just go to the Exit menu, and locate the option named as Restore default settings.
- Go to Exit menu, choose Save changes and exit.
Firmware is made up of different coded instructions added into the computer at the time of manufacturing. Upgrade the firmware to fix VIDEO_SCHEDULE_INTERNAL_ERROR arising out of outdated firmware.
- Press Windows Key + X; and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Paste the following command into the Command Prompt window:
- wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
- This command will bring up the manufacturer name, product, serial number and version. Copy all that information to a Notepad file.
- Right click This PC and choose Properties.
- Note down the Windows version, system type (32 /64 bit) and other relevant information in the same Notepad file you used in Point # 3.
- Visit the website of your motherboard manufacturer, and then click at Downloads.
- Specify the required system information and then kickstart the firmware download process.
- Unzip the package and then use SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE (as applicable) to proceed with the installation wizard.
Note: Downloading incompatible firmware version can make your system unstable. Make sure you’ve entered correct system details before initiating the download process.