When Blizzard announced that it was going to develop a new Heroes of the Storm (a.k.a HotS) game, experts predicted it would become a brand name in eSports.
That claim holds true today. But some expert gamers are not happy with it. The most common complaints were technical, as many gamers experienced lags while playing, which made them believe that HotS isn’t working and caused confusion. But don’t worry. Heed these steps:
Recommended: Use Game Boost feature of RegInOut to End Lagging
Check System Requirements
Meeting the specs of the game with your system requirements is very important.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows OS: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP
- Windows OS Type: 32-Bit
- CPU: AMD Athlon/Intel Core 2 Duo
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD/Intel HD/ NVIDIA GeForce
- RAM: (at least) 2GB
- Free Hard Drive Space: (at least) 10GB
Recommended System Specs
- Windows OS: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP
- Windows OS Type: 64-Bit (make sure it’s with the latest service pack)
- CPU: AMD/FX or Intel Core i5
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce
- RAM: 4GB
- Free Hard Drive Space: 10GB
Double Check the Graphics Card
Why? Experts recommend it. All you need quality visuals and performance—and let’s face it: your un-updated graphics card just doesn’t cut the mustard anymore. Upgrading it is sometimes expensive, but you can update the graphics card without blowing your hard-earned money. Updating it isn’t too difficult. Here’s how:
- Hit Windows + X.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adaptor.
- Right-click your Graphics Driver and Uninstall it. (You need to restart your system for the successful completion of un-installation).
- Now visit your Graphics vendor’s website.
- Here you go! Check what’s new. Download it.
Reinstalling HotS? YES
Your choices are sometimes limited to what your system can support, but you have one more option: If you want all the bells and whistles of next-generation game, and you’re up for the challenge, consider reinstalling HotS. Here’s how:
- Exit Battle.Net (if you’ve opened it already) first. Now reopen it.
- Search Heroes of the Storm in your game library.
- Go to Options and Uninstall it. (Again, it needs you to restart your system. Restart it).
- When restarted, open File Explorer → View → Hidden Items.
- Now delete these folders:
C:\Program Files\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\Public\Games\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\USER_NAME\Games\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\Heroes of the Storm
- Now delete the contents (remember only contents, not folders) of these folders:
- Now open Battle.Net. Go to Library and search Heroes of the Storm.
- Reinstall it.
Level up Nvidia Control Panel Settings
Adjust image quality and performance in the Nvidia Control Panel. Set it to optimum level. Here’s how:
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click Manage New settings. (It shows you 3D configurations.)
- Click Global Settings.
- Now activate Anti-Aliasing Mode (it improves your image quality and performance takes a hit) and click Apply.
- Exit and restart your system.
Check Your Computer’s Memory
Upgrading your RAM to 4GB (minimum requirement for HotS is 2GB) also lays a solid base for any other upgrades you might want to heap up. You can also end up some unwanted processes (by CPU usage) that are eating your RAM. Here’s how:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete (it opens Task Manager).
- Click More details → Processes.
- Now open the Memory column.
- End those (by selecting End Task) processes using most of your system resources.
Reset or Automatically Obtain DNS Configuration
Resetting DNS Configuration equals smooth and non-stop playing:
- Press Windows Key + X → Command Prompt.
- Type: IPConfig/flushdns and hit Enter.
- Restart your system.
But if you enable automatic DNS configurations (as some expert gamers have reported it frequently), it may resolve your lagging issues. Here’s how:
- Go to Windows Key + X → Control Panel → Network and Internet | Network and Sharing Center → Change Adaptor Settings.
- Right-click on the active Network Adaptor and select Properties. (Now it opens a new dialogue).
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click Properties.
- Here you go! Now select Obtain DNS Server Settings Automatically.